On June 25,1935 the German Army accepted this improved helmet. It was press formed in several stages from molybedenum steel. Separately inserted hollow rivets replaced the large vent lugs found on WWI helmets. The rim of the helmet continued to be rolled under for a smooth edge. It also received an updated liner and chinstrap. This high-quality reprodution is made from steel with leather harness.